We are offering a terrific opportunity for an intermediate developer with an entrepreneurial flare to work with our experienced business and technical team to develop our application and ecosystem. Vidigami is an exciting digital media company that is leveraging digital imaging technologies and AI to deliver content management and photo-based products and services for schools and families. We have successfully launched our application in some of the top private schools in Vancouver and have validated our commercial model.
Reporting to the Director of Development, you have strong foundations in a wide range of modern web technologies (specifically Node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, React.js, Knockout.js, Backbone.js). You are motivated by applying knowledge in a highly iterative product release cycle and are committed to doing things the “right” way. You have a natural talent for framing and solving problems at the architecture/design level while also being able to dive down to the implementation details and tradeoffs without skipping a beat. You have developed software and IT systems that proactively and preemptively meet the robustness and reliability requirements of a rapidly growing service. If this describes you and what motivates you, please read on!
- Experience with Component/MVVM client frameworks (Knockout.js, Backbone.js, React, Angular)
- Experience developing and supporting operating RESTful websites and APIs using Node.js (or a web framework like Ruby on Rails or Django)
- Regular use of modern practices like Git, TDD, CI
- Minimum 3 years experience in web server or related development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with content-heavy websites (photos, videos)
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with modern web (ES2015, Web Components)
- Experience with DevOps – deploy to Digital Ocean/AWS/Heroku, monitoring/reporting, automation, etc
- Experience with CSS Generators (Stylus, Saas/Compass, Less) and Template Generators (Jade, Handlebars)
- Experience with mobile application development (iOS/Android)
- Active in the Open Source community
We work hard in a nurturing environment using Scrum processes. The ideal candidate would be someone who is results- and team-oriented, proactive and multi-talented, and likes to learn and try new things. We love technical innovation and delivering compelling consumer experiences. We are inspired by building memories for families and thrive on creating a culture that cherishes that.
If this describes you, please contact us immediately andinclude the following:
- Samples of your work that you are proud of and that demonstrate the quality of your work (Github or links to a live website with a note explain your contributions is perfect!)
- Your CV