We are offering a terrific opportunity for an intermediate developer with an entrepreneurial flare to work with our experienced business and technical team to develop our application and ecosystem. Vidigami is an exciting digital media company that is leveraging digital imaging technologies and AI to deliver content management and photo-based products and services for schools and families. We have successfully launched our program to schools across North America and need to build our team to support our growth.
You have strong foundations in a wide range of modern web technologies (specifically Node.js, PostgreSQL, MongoDB are advantageous). You are motivated by applying knowledge in a highly iterative product release cycle and are committed to doing things the “right” way. You have a natural talent for framing and solving problems at the architecture/design level while also being able to dive down to the implementation details and tradeoffs without skipping a beat. You have developed software and IT systems that proactively and preemptively meet the robustness and reliability requirements of a rapidly growing service. If this describes you and what motivates you, please read on!
Contribute throughout the technology stack, from APIs and back-end processes to core infrastructure services
Support high-throughput web applications and their necessary back-end services using a variety of tools
Assist with the scalability and stability of both SQL and NoSQL databases
Contribute to discussions regarding the design and implementation of Vidigami’s web service
- Experience working in LINUX/UNIX systems, Bash, etc..
- Experience working with cloud-based systems (AWS, Heroku, Digital Ocean, etc..)
- Minimum 3 years experience in web server or related development
- Strong mathematical background with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience with multi-threaded/parallel processing and/or distributed microservices architecture
- Experience with content-heavy websites (photos, videos)
- Experience working in an agile team (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with DevOps – deploy to Digital Ocean/AWS/Heroku, monitoring/reporting, automation, etc
- Experience with mobile application development (iOS/Android)
- Interest in image analysis and processing
- Active in the Open Source community
We work hard in a nurturing environment using Scrum processes. The ideal candidate would be someone who is team-oriented, proactive and multi-talented, and likes to learn and try new things. We love technical innovation and delivering compelling consumer experiences. We are inspired by building memories for families and thrive on creating a culture that cherishes that.
If this describes you, please contact us immediately and include the following:
Samples of your work that you are proud of and that demonstrate the quality of your work (Github or links to a live website with a note explain your contributions is perfect!)