What Happens After Syncing?
1 – Import Summary
Once your CSS has completed the sync, they will first provide you with a report that includes the number of:
- Users who have been successfully imported to Vidigami from Veracross
- Any users who might have been blocked from being imported. This may be due to the following user error:
Vidigami currently requires a unique email per account. That means if there are parents in your Veracross system sharing a single email address, they will not be imported through the sync as they will be regarded as duplicates. Vidigami cannot determine which parent the email will need to be assigned to, therefore, neither one of the parents will be imported. While we are currently working to develop a better solution for this, we encourage you to ask families with shared email addresses to update their information accordingly on your school’s portal before we proceed with the sync.
2 – Group Memberships
Following a successful sync, certain users will be automatically organized into specific groups in Vidigami. These groups serve as placeholders for users each time we sync your Veracross data with Vidigami, therefore, they should never be deleted.
- Based on the graduation year indicated in their record, students will be placed in Grad Year Groups or Grade Groups under the Academics category of your school’s Group Directory in Vidigami.
- Based on each students’ connection to one or more parent or guardian, parents will be added to their child’s Grade Group.
- Faculty is added to a Faculty Group under the Internal category.
If another sync is made afterwards, the same groups will be recreated. If you would like to change your group structure to a custom one that works best for your organization (e.g. using classes or divisions), simply provide us with a Group Membership list that includes where each user belongs. We can then use this list to manually update user memberships. Contact your CSS to learn more.